Your Ad Here

Wednesday, September 01, 2010

Burnham - Catch Me If You Can


"I'm too freakish fast for you this time"

God, this song has been stuck in my head for the past couple of days. Hot glue straight to the skull. It's not going away, either. Of course, that's the point, which prompted me to write about this even though it fits in the tween Hanson-meets-Jonas-meets-Bieber category. In fact, these brothers are opening for Justin Bieber right now (something I'd rather not focus on). Like so many trios before them, the Burnham Brothers play hyper-catchy pop/rock tailor-made for multiple radio spins. This track is co-written with Ryan Tedder, which is interesting because it sounds nothing like what we expect from a Tedder track. This is shout-along bubblegum rock, delivered with androgynous 14-year-old vocals that only up the sugar quotient. It should be terrible, but I actually quite like this. It reminds me of something we'd have heard from alienhits favorite Lil' Chris, another teen "rocker" from a few years ago. For what it is, it's a great song. And that chorus? Dynamite. The video, on the other hand? Awkward.

Burnham - Catch Me If You Can by alienhits

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists. Buy the single here. Follow me on twitter and facebook.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home