Your Ad Here

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Infernal - Fall From Grace


"I don't even move away"

I haven't had my word on Infernal's new album yet, and I figure it's about time. Compared with their last release (which was their career high in my opinion), this album's a step down. It's not bad--in fact, it's all pretty good, but that's the problem. Lots of good... no standouts. Whereas there was a genuine feeling of experimentation on the last album, playing around with various styles and sounds, Fall From Grace feels like one big song. It succumbs to the trendy big synth sound of today's dance music scene (used well, but unsurprisingly, on this track at about the 0:55 mark), and has a bit of an anonymous style to it. The drums on this, the opening track, are one of those moments of inspiration that poke through every once and awhile throughout the album and remind me what a fantastic dance group Infernal can be. The track's got a huge sound and an edge-of-your-seat, exciting melody. A promising start to an otherwise (slightly) disappointing album. But that's my take. What do you guys think?

Infernal - Fall From Grace by alienhits

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists. Buy the album here. Follow me on twitter and facebook.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Myfizzypop said...

yeah i'm in pretty much the same place. There's no Punk Disco or Redefinition, but it's still a good album, if a little samey :/

2:36 AM  
Blogger Ryan Talbot May said...

In my opinion, Self Control & I Won't Be Crying were where I feel they hit a high. Their last album had some AMAZING tracks but the rest were absolutely terrible. I appreciate that they experimented with different sounds but so much of the album felt disconnected and off that I did not appreciate it. I feel this new album is kind of a hybrid of their stronger earlier stuff and the current hot sound. I don't mind it, but I really want to go back to early Infernal and pop it onto my iPod.

2:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home