Your Ad Here

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Ollie Wride - Silhouettes


"Like a thief in the night, I'll wait for you"

I can't even tell you how excited I am about Ollie Wride. In my opinion, he's everything Mika failed to be. He specializes in the same big, glossy 80's pop but his voice and songwriting really make him a force to be reckoned with. His uptempos, like the addictive Head Rush, are among the best music I've heard all year. Silhouettes is a bit different, and shows off his pensive, subtle side. It's a gorgeous, atmospheric 80's synth ballad reminiscent of such greats as Roxy Music's Avalon. His flawless vocals are used to great effect here. Best of all, though, the guy seems to have a real idea of where he's going with all of this. There's an undeniable style to him. So important when dealing with this kind of music.

Silhouettes by Ollie Wride

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists. Listen to more here. Follow me on twitter and facebook.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Myfizzypop said...

absolutely agreed :) A great artist in the making. Wish i could have seen him perform in London last week :/

10:15 PM  
Anonymous gmisk said...

Excellent... I do prefer headrush though

5:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home