Your Ad Here

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Diana Vickers - You'll Never Get To Heaven


"You'll never get to heaven if you dance like that"

In honor of Diana Vickers' (excellent) no single, My Wicked Heart, I'm going to offer a very late review of her music. Despite liking her singles, I hadn't listened to her album until recently. I know it was released months and months ago, but I was never much of a fan of her time on X-Factor. And as a not-really-fan, I can say that the music's actually really good. This track in particular hit me as a surprisingly mature piece of airy dance-pop. The build-up to the chorus won't impress any of those who dislike Vickers' demented-kewpie-doll vocals (I wasn't initially a fan myself). But once the chorus hits at about 1:14, everything converges and the song catapults into something quite spectacular. Cosmic, even. I can't say I'm as impressed with her slower stuff, but she's got a real future with this style.

Diana Vickers - You'll Never Get To Heaven by alienhits

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists. Buy the album here. Follow me on twitter and facebook.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Shel said...

Diana is great! Love her performance on xfactor!

11:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home