Your Ad Here

Friday, October 15, 2010

Robyn - Indestructible


"I'm gonna love you like I've never been hurt before"

Hmmm... what do we think about this? When Robyn unveiled the radio version of the previously acoustic Hang With Me earlier this summer, I was completely enchanted. It became the definitive version of the song, and one of her best singles to date. I'm not as sure about this one. In its "original" form, Indestructible was an achingly gorgeous, string-laden ballad of the highest order. This new version, while certainly an interesting choice of sound, hasn't immediately hit me as strong as I hoped it would. The spare, house-influenced beat seems to strip some of the grandeur that existed in the original. But I really hate to cement my opinion in stone this early, because I feel I may like this better with subsequent listens. Mostly, I'm curious what Robyn fans think.

Indestructible (Edit) by robyn

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists. Buy the previous EPs here. Follow me on twitter and facebook.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous gmisk said...

I personally like it a lot...but it does seem a little out of time maybe to start with...also...you know you have a good blog when you get high quality spam! Congrats!

1:03 AM  
Anonymous alex said...

It really sounds like it was meant to be up tempo from the start. I like it better than "Hang With Me", but it's not quite "Dancing On My Own".

12:52 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Check out (and download) the great new Sal Ruiz / Corey Craig remix of "Indestructible" here:

http://soundcloud.com/r2c2/robyn-indestructible-r2c2-club-mix-320

5:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home