Your Ad Here

Wednesday, November 03, 2010

Gravitonas - Not Gonna Be Dancing


"I'm just gonna be crying around you"

I love the way Sweden's Gravitonas are releasing music this year. A string of EPs isn't always the best choice for artists, but it's working very well for them. I've loved the stuff they've released so far, though I'm not sure everything would work as well as an album (the songs tend to get a bit samey back to back). The new EP, The Coliseum, is darker than past releases. I'm not sure I'm instantly as hooked as I was with past songs, but it's always great to hear new stuff from these guys. Not Gonna Be Dancing is the initial standout for me (and an interesting contrast to BWO's We Should Be Dancing, another Bard tune). It's not only the most uptempo track on the album (despite depressing lyrics), but it's also the most radio friendly. The pulsing melody isn't instantly identifiable as Alexander Bard's work, which is important because this project could easily become predictable. There's also some impressive string work here (that reminds me very much of the Wanted's recent hit, All Time Low).

Gravitonas - Not Gonna Be Dancing by alienhits

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists. Buy the EP here. Follow me on twitter and facebook.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Myfizzypop said...

i thought the same re: the BWO song, but hadn't placed the strings which i adore in this song. I love the ballad - alexander should put together a boyband and do tunes like You Break Me Up with them...

4:54 AM  
Blogger Nick said...

A Bard boyband (a "bardband"?) would certainly be interesting, though he'll never top the BWO days, in my opinion.

7:53 PM  
Blogger Nick said...

Oh, and I just realized what a funny conversation these three song titles construct:

Person 1: We should be dancing (BWO)
Person 2: I don't feel like dancing (SS)
Person 1: Not gonna be dancing :(

7:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home