Your Ad Here

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Top 50 Singles of 2010: 10-6

10. Darin - Lovekiller



The top ten kicks off with the biggest, cheesiest pop moment of 2010. There is no resisting the overblown goodness of this track. Darin hit it out of the park with this one. The video’s wonderfully over-the-top, too.

9. Kylie Minogue - All The Lovers



The comeback single she’s been searching for for years. It was so magical that it overshadowed everything else on the album. Her biggest late-career highlight.

8. Scissor Sisters - Fire With Fire



A soaring festival anthem that deserved more success than it found. Jake sounds his best on tracks like this. No band does melodic, radio pop better than Scissor Sisters.

7. Mcfly & Taio Cruz - Shine A Light



I never expected that, this late in their career, Mcfly could pull off a pop track like this. It hits you from the first listen and cements itself in your memory. The I Gotta Feeling of 2010.

6. Short Stack - Planets



On first listen, I didn’t think this was anything special. Then I came back to it… and back… and back. And I’m still listening to it constantly months later. Everything came together here.

Labels: , , , , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Myfizzypop said...

a perfect selection of songs, all of which (save short stack) feature on my list. I've given short stack some serious time post Christmas and I like (a lot) what I hear!

12:02 PM  
Anonymous Duane said...

I love 'Planets'. It's my #2 for the year. Short Stack have done so much better this time around.

12:40 PM  
Blogger Nick said...

Glad to hear some love for Planets. I've read too many critics panning the song on the internet, which has really annoyed me.

Paul, I hope you like the Short Stack album as much as I do!

11:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home