Your Ad Here

Monday, December 27, 2010

Top 50 Singles of 2010: 20-16

20. Robyn - Hang With Me



A gentle, late summer electro gem. I didn’t think much of the acoustic version, but this is about as perfect as pop gets. One of my favorite videos of the year, too.

19. Liam Lever - Welcome To Earth



This may just actually become a real hit single in the future, but a music video was filmed this year so it makes my 2010 list. One of the best choruses of the year.

18. The Bang Bang Club - Chemistry



Another track that never took off the way it deserved to, this was a fixture of my Spring. From the scratchy vocals to the incessant chorus, this was pop music as cotton candy.

17. Mini Viva - One Touch



At once their death knell and their best single release, this song will always be a little bittersweet. I almost wish Girls Aloud would have recorded it so that it would have had the chance to be a proper hit.

16. Bjørn Johan Muri - Yes Man



The slow-burning single of the Spring. As hummable as Donkeyboys’ Ambitions was last year, this may do it one better (it was written by the same people). A song that never gets old.

Labels: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Myfizzypop said...

Damn it! I can't believe i forgot the bang bang club in my top 35 songs. This makes two (Mini Viva being another). I swear I am getting musical alzheimer's :(

2:29 AM  
Blogger Nick said...

I know the feeling! I think there's a couple that I've forgotten, too :)

10:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home