Your Ad Here

Friday, January 21, 2011

Alice In Videoland - Something New


"I want something different"

My god, how did this happen? Alice In Videoland released their newest album nearly three months ago and I'm just now discovering this news! Of course, it was a digital only release, but that's still no excuse. I'm behind the curve on this one. Alice In Videoland was one of the very first bands I featured on this blog (with their brilliant track, Emily -- still my favorite). They've remained remarkably consistent throughout their career and, though I haven't had a chance to give the new album the full attention it deserves, it sounds very promising. Something New is the early standout for me, mostly because the chugging melody is so addictive. The band has always been at their best when they focus on songwriting over production (Red, from their debut, is an excellent example of this) and this is yet another perfect pop gem from the group.



(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists. Buy the album here. Follow me on twitter and facebook.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home