Your Ad Here

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Set Fire Run - Undeniable (Blaming The Flaming Youth)


"I'm holding the kid inside responsible"

I know I just posted a song from these guys a couple of weeks ago, but with another 100 fans added to their facebook army, Set Fire Run have released another new song. I am so dead set on getting these guys the attention and success they deserve that I'll keep writing about tracks until it happens. A band can come out of nowhere with the right song, especially in a musically open country like Sweden. It happened with The Pusher (formally known as Fashion)--another severely under-known Swedish band who I wrote about all the way back in last August when only one or two others were. Their song, Blinded By The Dark, was a hit-in-waiting then, and now, over half a year later, it's come out of nowhere and is sitting at number one on the itunes singles chart. This is how it's supposed to happen, and this is the way I want it to happen for Set Fire Run (even, ironically, down to the name change). Any band who can release this many awesome songs (I've heard 20 originals and a cover thus far) in such a short space will reap rewards when the time is right. I think it's building for Set Fire Run right now, but like any indie upstart, they need support. Fan them on facebook, follow them on twitter. Etc etc. But above all else, marvel at their talent.

Undeniable (Blaming the Flaming Youth) by Set Fire Run

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists. Listen to more here. Follow me on twitter and facebook.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Pop, Rinse, Repeat said...

I can't agree more. This song like the rest just keep getting better and better. I've introduced all my friends that I can to them and try to get as much exposure for them so that they can release an album and I can buy it to further support them.

Keep up the good work, Nick. You are helping bring awesome music to a world that needs it.

9:36 PM  
Anonymous gmisk said...

I havent heard a bad song from them this is no exception

5:24 AM  
Blogger Myfizzypop said...

you are slowly but surely winning me over to Set Fire Run. rather brilliant new group though rather shamefully i'm relying on you rather than their facebook for updates. i shall go and rectify that now!!

5:24 AM  
Anonymous ArkArmy said...

Wow, what a great song. I love the lyrics too. Thanks for introducing us to them.

4:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home