Your Ad Here

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Troy This - Happy (ft. Robyn)


"Give me some time to just breathe"

Here's a newly re-swizzled version of an old favorite. Popstar Troy This first came to the attention of several of us bloggers back in 2009 with his AMAZING track Back That Up and after that he kind of faded away. But from as much as I can tell, he's still at it, and I think he deserves much more attention than he's getting. This track, a duet of sorts with Robyn (yes, that Robyn) has one of the most indelible, laid back melodies of the past few years. It existed a couple years ago in a slightly rougher version, but I recently came across this new version and it totally reminded me about how much I love this artist. Happy, in particular, has an incredible mid-80's Prince feel to it, even down to the dual-voiced vocals (Robyn mostly sings along, rather than taking her own verses). And if that isn't quite enough Robyn for you, Troy also recorded a cover version of her song, Bum Like You.

Troy This - Happy (ft. Robyn) by alienhits

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists. Listen to more here. Follow me on twitter and facebook.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger alesta said...

Superduo! Kind of different style for Robyn this.

7:21 AM  
Blogger DanProject76 said...

Is this song back again? Oh yes! Loved it the first time round.

1:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE this song! Both Troy and Robyn sound like they had fun doing this song. It is so addicting and happy...it makes me feel like my life will be ok after all. :)

10:06 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I love it :)

9:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home