Your Ad Here

Monday, February 21, 2011

Viktorious - Instant Virtuality


"Reality beats instant virtuality"

Searching through my blog, I just realized that I have never even mentioned Viktorious. This is a huge oversight on my part, as I've been enjoying his music for months now and he's one of my most anticipated popstars of the year. Debut single, When We Were 10, is beyond brilliant, but there's something even more exciting in the works. For the next six weeks, Viktorious will be giving away a free track every Friday. Let me repeat that... EVERY FRIDAY. He already released the first one last week, and if Instant Virtuality is anything to go by, we're in for an exciting six weeks. For those who don't know, Viktor Norén was a member of popular Swedish rock band Sugarplum Fairy (kind of like a rougher Mcfly), who had a number of hits in their homeland. Now he's gone solo in a poppier, more electronic direction and I am completely obsessed with this project. This track is a propulsive dance-rock anthem railing against modern technology even as it embraces it. The melody's got a bit of a Robbie Williams influence (or am I the only one who hears that?). You can download this track, and the forthcoming ones, on his website. Please do!

Viktorious - Instant Virtuality by alienhits

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists. Download the tracks (and eventual EP) here. Follow me on twitter and facebook.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Poster Girl said...

Thanks for posting this--since I don't use Facebook I was left wondering what it sounded like...

...and it's even better than I was expecting! Woah. This is one of those "where did this come from?" moments for me.

4:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home