Your Ad Here

Monday, March 07, 2011

Anders Fernette - Echo


"Every memory got stuck like an echo"

Last week, my two favorite songs in the last round of Melodifestivalen got 7th and 8th place. I've already covered Melody Club (who have my favorite song in the competition by a mile), but I haven't had a chance to talk about Anders yet. I love Run, though the live MF performance left a lot to be desired (thus its last place finish). Now his long-awaited album will finally be released this week, including some of his great singles (Hungry Eyes & Lola among them). I'm eager to see if the album's going to be worth listening to, but I'm already loving this track. Echo is pure pop cheese, but its sound reminds me of one of the late 90's mid-tempo/ballad singles that Savage Garden would have released. His voice even sounds a bit like Darren Hayes in parts. At its heart, it's nothing more than a glossy pop track aimed at radio play, but (as with most Swedish pop stars) they've got this down to a fine art. Catchy from the get-go, it's a consummately pleasant listen.

Echo by UniversalMusicSweden

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists. Buy the album here. Follow me on twitter and facebook.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger flowerowl said...

haha, I have to admit that he looks like Darren Hayes too...at least to me.

4:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is he as gay as Darren Hayes? Hope so.

10:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home