Your Ad Here

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Movie Blitz 3/30/11

I see a lot of movies, so from time to time I'd like to add a new feature to the blog. Similar to my Pop Blitz posts, here's Movie Blitz!

Sucker Punch
Definitely a case of the parts being stronger than the whole. Some cool visual scenes, but they come and go without leaving much of an impression. Unfortunately, the plot didn't coalesce at all and I was left scratching my head at the end (not in a good way). C

Limitless
A cool concept and great performances/direction. While I wish they would have gone just a little further with it, this was easily the best 2011 film I've seen so far. The "zoom-in" special effects are pretty astonishing. B+

I Am Number Four
I couldn't make it through the book, but I thought the premise would make a good movie. It didn't. What could have been an engaging thriller turned out to be a mix of Roswell and Smallville without the charm of either. The climax, when things actually started happening, was the best part. C-

The Adjustment Bureau
Like Limitless, this had an interesting sci-fi concept and great performances. I liked it a little less, but still enjoyed it. Great fun while you're watching, but it's not the kind of film that sticks with you. B

Battle: Los Angeles
I really disliked this movie. In fact, I'd hardly call it a movie. It was like watching someone else play a video game. No story, no characters worth caring for, and the shakiest, grayest direction I've seen in awhile. I love alien invasion movies, but I could hardly wait for this one to be over. D-

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous JeffC said...

Dude I can't keep up with you! Trying to stay on top of all the great music now movies! LOL! Yea, Sucker Punch was a major disappointment and I was really looking forward to it. I think we got punched!

Go see Paul! I loved it, but then again I think Simon Pegg is a riot!

If you want to see something brutal, but very well done that is sure a topic to discuss check out the dvd "7 Days" it's a french Canadian film. Not for the squeemish!

5:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home