Your Ad Here

Tuesday, April 05, 2011

Diamond Rings - Show Me Your Stuff


"All I need is already in me"

Diamond Rings is the project of Canadian John O'Regan, a deep-voiced, glam-loving singer with one amazing song and an album that I'm not quite sure about. I can see why people love it. It's downtempo, diy pop/rock in the mold of old Lou Reed records mixed with the new wave of the 80's. Personally, it's a bit too downtempo and diy for me. But this track (it's best to experience this for the first time by watching the glamorous video, btw), is a glimmer of what could be. Show Me Your Stuff is beat heavy, with house-piano that builds to a gigantic chorus. It's glam that borrows equally from the 70's and the present. For some reason, the song was left off the album (perhaps because it didn't fit with the rest of the tracks?), even though it was released a few months prior. It's okay, because I'm hoping that for the second album he embraces this sound. I love the Adam Ant homages in the video, I love the stupid rap, and I love that this is a performer with a ridiculous amount of x-factor.

Diamond Rings - Show Me Your Stuff by LipSyncMusic

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists. Buy the single here. Follow me on twitter and facebook.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous gmisk said...

Special Affections is a really strong album...im not sure this would fit on it though tbh....I prefer not to watch his videos....they are generally terrible...this one is no exception.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cAqwco49m4&feature=player_embedded

12:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home