Your Ad Here

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Awolnation - Jump On My Shoulders


"The devil's lost control"

Awolnation is the project of Aaron Bruno, and I know that might not mean a lot to you. But, Aaron was also the lead singer of Under The Influence Of Giants, one of the very first bands I featured heavily on this blog. I'm not sure if that band is any more (practically all the members have solo projects now), but this project is as close as you're gonna get for now. He's had a nice under-the-radar hit with Sail (one of the album's weaker tracks, in my opinion), but a song like this could really seal the deal. The sound is quite a bit more varied than UTIOG, but the album's very good (particularly the first half), and Jump On My Shoulders is instantly galvanizing. It's a weird amalgam of sounds, but that lush singalong chorus is just undeniable. The coolest thing is, you can hear the entire album on soundcloud. I bet you'll like it!

05 Jump On My Shoulders by AWOLNATION

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists. Stream the album here. Follow me on twitter and facebook.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home