Your Ad Here

Thursday, June 09, 2011

Foster The People - Call It What You Want


"We'll make a world of our own"

Foster The People's debut EP was one of my favorite releases of the first part of the year. Three perfect pop songs, no filler. Unfortunately, I'm not as enamored by the full album. Those three tracks stick out like crazy on a full-length that's more often forgettable than exciting. This is, of course, my opinion. I know plenty that have loved the album. And even though I'm not blown away, there's some nice stuff on there. Call It What You Want would be my pick for next single (if the freaking awesome Helena Beat--their best song by a mile--isn't). It's quirky/funky mid-tempo beat and heavily repeated hook remind me of some of the genre bending alternative music of the 90's. It's a nice, laid-back track for the summer. And while I wish that the album as a whole hadn't been so laid-back, I'll easily add this song to the EP and hope that the next release will be even better.



(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists. Buy the album here. Follow me on twitter and facebook.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home