Your Ad Here

Monday, July 11, 2011

Scientists Of Modern Music - Because If I Die


"I'll be livin' in the clouds without you"

Scientists of Modern Music are an electro pop group from Australia with one album to their name. But it's not that 2008 album I'm interested in. It's the new single, which is excellent. There are strong echoes of the 80's here, particularly Duran Duran. But luckily, it's all brought into the 21st century with a lot of panache. The verses, in particular, have an amazing, glam-rock melody that got me ridiculously excited the first time I heard it. The chorus is a little more standard, but buffered with so many sparkly synths that it doesn't really matter. It's a wonderfully "Summer" single -- top down, beach driving type music. There's an album in the works (according to wikipedia, it's out this year) and I'm quite excited to hear it. There's massive potential to go either way here, but massive potential nonetheless. If the rest of the tracks are up to this standard, I'll be a happy camper.

The Scientists of Modern Music - Because If I Die by viceroyalty

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists. Buy the single here. Follow me on twitter and facebook.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger oh snap said...

Great track and review; Duran Duran is super on point. And now I've got this track super on repeat.

1:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home