Your Ad Here

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Zener Diode - Neon


"We never change"

Thanks to some intrepid readers who responded to my "summer drought" post last week, I've had a few bands/artists to (try and find the time to) listen to recently. The first group that stood out to me is Scotland's Zener Diode. First off, I had never heard of this band before (which is increasingly rare) and I could tell right away, just by looking at their photo, that they'd be "my thing." I was very eager to listen to the music. A little too eager, probably, as I built them up so far in my head before even hearing the album that I wound up a tiny bit disappointed. On one hand, the music and instrumentation is breathtaking. It's exactly the huge, dramatic mixture of electro and rock that I always fall in love with. It's clear that the frontman has quite the persona too, which is a definite plus. The one aspect I'm not yet convinced by are the songs themselves. This is obviously very important, but it could change. After all, I haven't had time to live with the album yet. It could be a grower, and I'm hoping it will be. At the very worst, this is an incredibly interesting group with a lot of potential to be massive in my eyes. Here's a taster, which is pretty representative of their sound. What do you think? Eager to hear more?

Neon by Zener Diode

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists. Buy the album here. Follow me on twitter and facebook.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the review! :)

ZENER DIODE

http://youtu.be/8_WOE2B4QdQ

8:54 AM  
Anonymous xl pharmacy said...

Yeah an excellent retro for me, I like to hear music from 80s and 90s because they were really good, personally from the 2000 and ahead everything sucks.

8:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home