Your Ad Here

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Cher Lloyd - Stay


"I'll make you beg for more"

When I hear studio tracks from folks like Cher Lloyd and One Direction (not so much Matt Cardle), it makes me realize that, while still super entertaining, this year's UK X-Factor doesn't have a hope of becoming as relevant as last year's. Especially if the public keeps voting for snooze-fest, anti-charisma performers like Craig and Sophie over contestants like Kitty and Misha. At the very least, let's hope that this year's series gives us a performance as perfect as Cher Lloyd's Stay. Even if it doesn't, we've got the track in studio form to enjoy for years to come. It's better than I could have imagined. Cher's problems in the competition were peaking too early and having a (gulp) personality. Out of the context of a reality show competition, everything that held her back is working in her favor. She's an incredibly relevant new talent and, despite releasing a dire first single, has done everything else right. I can't wait for the album and her inevitable X-Factor return performance (this weekend, right?). We need people like her to come in and show this year's crop how it's done!

And while on the subject of X-Factor, I'm totally behind Kitty, Johnny and Misha. In other words, the three contestants that are actually entertaining. For US audiences, it's all about Drew, Intensity and the Stereo Hoggz for me. And Australia? Well, I'm still reeling from Audio Vixen's undeserved boot (WTF?), but my favorites are definitely Reece and Christina (I haven't yet watched this week's eps yet, so if you're watching, no spoilers please!)

Too much X-Factor? Yeah, but it's the season for it. And I do have a reputation to uphold.



(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists. Preorder the album here. Follow me on twitter and facebook.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Ross said...

Really useful information, lots of thanks for your post.
beach wedding california | temp staffing agency | topsail beach rental

4:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home