Your Ad Here

Thursday, October 06, 2011

Nero - Crush On You


"How did you know?"

I had considered posting this song when the album first came out because I loved it except for one part: those godawful noises in between the singing. I know, I know. It's dubstep. It's supposed to be like that. But until I saw the video (which gives it all great context), I found the electronic noodling very irritating. It's definitely grown on me and now I actually kind of like it, but I was also very happy to run across this edit, which gets rid of the dubsteppy bits in favor of more vocals (that ending verse part is repeated twice, rather than just once like in the original). Bottom line is, this track samples a great old 80's song by the Jets that lends itself very well to a remix. I'm pretty damn obsessed with it, whatever form it comes in. Below is the "cold edit" and the fantastic video, which includes the potentially irritating dubstep noises. Which do you prefer? I can't decide, honestly.

Nero - Crush On You (Cold Edit) by Cold0ne



(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists. Buy the album here. Follow me on twitter and facebook.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Michelle said...

Yeah, I kind of agree - I love the vocals, but I think they went a bit overboard with the electronics in the background. Don't get me wrong; I love dubstep. But I think it should be featured in moderation.

4:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How can I get that edit? I used to like dubstep but some of it nowadays is shiiiiiiiit.
Merci

1:43 PM  
Anonymous samrx said...

Excellent track, I love these guys, their music is always good.

7:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home