Your Ad Here

Monday, November 14, 2011

Nightwish - Storytime


"I am the voice of Never-Never Land"

After months of long lulls in interesting music releases, the floodgates have opened this November. My latest obsession is this incredible, huge, ridiculously overblown track by Finnish symphonic rock band Nightwish. Some of you might already be familiar with Nightwish. They're big in Scandinavia and have quite a huge cult following around the world. They've been around for awhile but it's been a few years since their last release. This is the first single from the new album, Imaginaerium, which is due out in a couple of weeks. The album's going to have an accompanying movie, which I am so excited about. Nightwish is the perfect kind of band to have their own rock opera. But enough about the album. This song... oh my god this SONG. I have no words, really. Instead, let me highlight some of the things I'm obsessing over:

1. The fact that this essentially sounds like Abba fronting a classical/metal/goth band.
2. The children's choir/MASSIVE symphonic breakdown two thirds of the way through.
3. The references to "Peter Pan" and storytelling, which I gather is the subject matter of the concept album.
4. That. Chorus.

Bottom line, this is one of the best singles I've heard all year. I CAN'T WAIT for the album!

Nightwish - Storytime by alienhits

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists. Preorder the album here. Follow me on twitter and facebook.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous flowerowl said...

gee...Nightwish has been my No.1 band for long since the era when Tarja was the lead vocal.

5:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home