Your Ad Here

Wednesday, November 02, 2011

November is the Month for Albums

November is always a reliably strong month for pop music. Historically, it's when most of the would-be blockbuster albums are released in time for Holiday shopping. This year, we need November more than ever. It's been a pitiful past few months for big pop albums. I can't remember a dry spell this lengthy in years. It seems like everything's just been shut down since the Spring. Even countries like Sweden, who are usually quality pop producers, have been quiet of late. Luckily, there are plenty of releases coming up in the next few weeks that I'm very much looking forward to:

The Sound Of Arrows - Voyage (11/7)
I've been waiting for this one for years. The singles have all been excellent, the videos even better. I can't wait to hear the album in full.
Samples



The Wanted - Battleground (11/7)
Their first album was a very pleasant surprise and I'm hoping for more of the same on this one.
Samples




Cher Lloyd - Sticks & Stones (11/7)
The new single is excellent and Lloyd is an undeniable pop star. Having heard most of this already, I know it'll be great.
Samples



One Direction - Up All Night (11/21)
My favorite X-Factor contestants of all time had one of my favorite singles of the year already. I'm eagerly awaiting more from them.
Samples



Rihanna - Talk That Talk (11/21)
There isn't even a tracklist yet, but Rihanna never disappoints. The new single is one of her best and the new video is the most riveting thing she's ever put to film.
Video



Olly Murs - In Case You Didn't Know (11/28)
I wasn't sold on his debut, but I've loved both of the singles from this. I'm hoping this will end up as a nice surprise.
Video



Eric Saade - Saade Vol. 2 (11/30)
Volume One left me mostly cold, but I have faith in Saade. He's representing Sweden this month, so he better not disappoint.
Single



Others that I'll give a try: Pixie Lott - Young Foolish Happy JLS - Jukebox, Snow Patrol - Fallen Empires, The Saturdays - On Your Radar

Labels: , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Martin said...

You said Saade is representing Sweden this month. Well have you forgot that Sound of Arrows is Swedish? :)

6:41 AM  
Blogger Nick said...

Uh... I'm an idiot. By the time I got to the end of writing this post I forgot that I'd even featured them! Haha

5:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home