Your Ad Here

Monday, November 07, 2011

The Wanted - I'll Be Your Strength


"We can make it through the stormy weather"

Today is a great day for new pop albums, so expect to hear about them this week. First up is the Wanted. I never considered myself much of a boy band fan, yet two of this month's most anticipated albums for me are by boy bands (The Wanted & One Direction). But the thing is, despite a few songs, these two groups aren't stuck in the formula that you'd expect. Sure, they've got their own formula, but that's a different matter. I was a big fan of the Wanted's first album and their new one--while not quite as exciting--is full of great UK pop. Rather than boast any huge standouts, the album is consistently good. My taste, as usual, sides with the melodic, so my favorite tracks are the ones that hit hardest in that regard. But more than melody, I love how this track segues from delicate ballad to smashing dance anthem. I do wish the dance portion would last just a little longer, but it's a minor quibble. It's no surprise that Xenomania had a hand in this track. Their work is always fantastic. Side note: while I'm really enjoying it, the album as a whole has some of the clumsiest lyrics I've heard all year.

I'll Be Your Strength - The Wanted by 7Lacerda

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists. Buy the album here. Follow me on twitter and facebook.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger craig seymour said...

I love the song too and also blogged about it: http://www.irreconcilabledissonance.com/2011/11/craig-pick-wanted-ill-be-your-strength.html

1:12 AM  
Blogger Ryan Talbot May said...

When I listened to their first album, I did not like it, but the more I listened to it, the more I loved it and I have a strange feeling this second album will require the same commitment. Only a few tracks jumped out at me, but it is still pretty solid.

2:58 PM  
Blogger Nick said...

Their songs do tend to grow rather than work their way into your head instantly. I find it weird that some of the best songs on the album are relegated to the deluxe version, though.

5:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home