Your Ad Here

Thursday, December 29, 2011

Top 50 Singles of 2011: 10-6

Special Mention: Rebecca Black - Friday

Sure, the song's horrible (in all the best ways), but no other track had a better story behind it than this one. I'd be insane if I didn't at least mention it!

10. LMFAO - Party Rock Anthem



So right for all the wrong reasons. If you told me a year ago that I'd be putting an LMFAO song in my top ten, I'd have said you were crazy. Just shows what an incredible hook (or hooks) can do.

9. Kyla La Grange - Heavy Stone



A little known track that barely got a release, this had my absolutely riveted from the very first time I heard it. For what Kyla's doing here, she's just doing it absolutely perfectly. Haunting, beautiful, and ultimately stirring.

8. The Ark - Breaking Up With God



The Ark's swan song, and I'm so glad they borrowed their best sounds and themes when writing this. It's a smart, anthemic rock track, written from a place as personal as it always is with this band.

7. One Direction - What Makes You Beautiful



The best non-Swedish (though that's debatable, given the writers/producers) teen pop track since the turn of the century. The genre hasn't sounded this alive in a long while. The chorus alone is massive enough to convert music snobs everywhere.

6. The Sound Of Arrows - Magic



Uplifting, mysterious, and so, so catchy. This is about as cool as cool gets. One of the year's top music videos helped highlight one of the band's best songs.

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home