Your Ad Here

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Foxy Shazam - Welcome To The Church Of Rock And Roll


"There's nothing new to listen to"

The new Foxy Shazam album is out in two weeks and I couldn't be more excited. Their last release was such an incredible highlight for me. From the sound of it, the new one's going to be a continuation of that--a little heavier on the ballads, but moving even more strongly into theatrical Queen style. This is the opening track and, at just over two minutes, it's a blistering salvo that promises over-the-top things to come. It sounds a little like The Darkness, which makes sense because Justin Hawkins has had a hand in the album. The difference is that Eric (lead singer of Foxy Shazam) easily eclipses Justin vocally. Plus, Foxy have a more diverse sound, drawing on piano and brass. The only complaint I have about this is that I wish it was longer. I really, really hope this album does well. They've moved to a new label and I desperately want them to be as big as they should.

Welcome to the Church of Rock and Roll by foxyshazam

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists. Preorder the album here. Follow me on twitter and facebook.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Scott Stebleton said...

And I thought the self-titled album was epic. Holy cow!

4:01 PM  
Anonymous ArkArmy said...

Can't frickin' wait to listen to the new album. Going to see them live again in February together with the Darkness.

7:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home