Your Ad Here

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Jesper Nohrstedt - Take Our Hearts


"We can take our hearts, make them whole again"

It's the beginning of the year, so that means a host of new Eurovision contenders are making their way onto the European scene. As usual, I've got my eyes on a number of races. Both Norway and Denmark's tracks were released to itunes recently (is that normally how it's done?). Out of all of them, I was most excited to hear Jesper Nohrstedt's first official studio recording. I loved Jesper when he was a contestant on Denmark's X-Factor 2010 (he came third... should have won), and I've been waiting for what seems like forever for him to release some music. Take Our Hearts is a hybrid ballad/dance track. The verses are piano driven and sparse and the chorus has a huge, anthemic electro feel to it. I do wish the song would surrender completely to the dance sound about halfway through, but I still love this. I think it's an incredibly strong contender to represent Denmark this year, especially given Jesper's performance skill. It's the kind of track I can imagine finding success outside the contest as well. I hope he wins! But more than that, I hope he releases an entire album in this style.

Jesper Nohrstedt - Take Our Hearts by nohfap

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists. Buy the single here. Follow me on twitter and facebook.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

565652

1:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The names starting from J always makes the teens go crazy .You know what I mean let’s see whether Jesper could make it to the charts with high votes .Heard he once gave a ring to his girlfriend who was interested in Sapphire Rings.

1:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have to post Ditte Marie - Overflow from the Danish Eurovision national final. It's amazing.

3:17 AM  
Anonymous JeffC said...

LOVE this! The sound cloud links dont seem to work? Here's a youtube video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OgiSXh_OIvs

3:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home