Your Ad Here

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

#1 Hits From Another Planet turns 6!

Today marks the sixth anniversary of this blog. That's just under 2,000 posts. This past year has seen some notable professional changes for me with the publication of my first young adult book (and the subsequent writing of the follow-ups!), but I'm proud that the blog has still been going strong the entire time. And rest assured, I don't plan on stopping anytime soon!

I was trying to decide on a fun, different post to celebrate the occasion today. I write about music I love everyday, but I don't write nearly enough about music I love to laugh at. I'm a fanatic when it comes to campy old pop music videos. Seriously, nothing's funnier to me. Here are a few of my favorites (of many) to brighten up your day:

Armi & Danny - I Wanna Love You Tender


The granddaddy of them all. I am so obsessed with every frame of this wonderful video. The dance moves, the Ken doll-esque posturing of Danny... it's simply one of the best things ever put to film.

Tommy Seebach - Apache Boy


Horrific. This is what happens when Ned Flanders decides to form a band. It's like a car crash. You simply can't look away.

Baltimora - Jukebox Boy


Those pants/trousers! The rainbows! The facial expressions!

Maywood - Late At Night


I have this dance memorized. Enough said.

Others to check out:
Vivien Vee - Give Me A Break (the dance moves!)
Teach-in - Ding A Dong (a prostitute's anthem... bonus points for pronouncing "big hit" like "bigot")
Belle Epoque - Bamalama (Planet Of The Apes: Part Two - Attack of the Golden Chain)

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Calle said...

K I just wanted to say that you are my idol, and your blog is amazing. If you know the dance to Late At Night you are even cooler. Nuff said.

6:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home