Your Ad Here

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Axel Algmark - Kyss Mig


"We're in love"

Though overall, this year's Melodifestivalen has been pretty disappointing, last week's songs were universally strong. Some of my favorites ended up being the ones that finished toward the bottom. In particular, I can't seem to get Axel Algmark's song out of my head. It's everything I love about Swedish indie rock. It has that peppy, string-laden jolt of energy to it, complemented by Algmark's gravelly vocals. It's also sung in Swedish, but that hardly matters, as the "wa ba ba ba ba, we're in love" bits pretty much capture the general vibe. Plus, "kyss mig" sounds almost exactly like its translation ("kiss me") when spoken. Most importantly, the whole thing is almost impossibly catchy. It's the kind of song you're already singing along with before it's even finished. And judging from his other stuff, this isn't just a one-off.



(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists. Buy the single here. Follow me on twitter and facebook.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home