Your Ad Here

Thursday, May 10, 2012

Adam Lambert - Trespassing


"Who are you and where are you from?"

Sadly, I've gotta say that I'm not really feeling the new Adam Lambert album (at least not yet). I hate to say it, because I've always thought his potential is just awesome. He remains the single most exciting thing to grace American Idol in its history, though I felt some of that excitement was lost on his all-over-the-place debut album. This new one's much more cohesive, but there are only a couple of tracks that have really stood out for me. The album's opening (and title) track is heads and tails above everything else that follows, which is a problem because it sets the standard too high. Still, on its own, it's everything I would like an Adam Lambert track to be. Trespassing is basically a sequel (almost remake) of Queen's Another One Bites The Dust. This may sound like a complaint, but it's not. It works wonders because no major song that's been released since Dust has sounded anything like it. Lambert's track might be a pastiche, but it's a truly refreshing one. It doesn't conform to any other sound that's on the radio right now, which is something that can't be said about most of the album. Honestly, he could be the next Freddie Mercury if he was given better material. More funky, epic rock and less electro trend-chasing, please.

Trespassing by Adam Lambert on Grooveshark

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists. Preorder the album here. Follow me on twitter and facebook.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Gerd said...

Excactly what I was thinking! When I heard the first two single in the last months I feared that he lost the glam ... But than I heard the first song of the new album and I was like "hey wait - Adam is back - fantastic song". Unfortunately I almost fell to sleep around song 8 or 9 :-( Maybe this album is a grower - I hope so ...

12:36 AM  
Anonymous ArkArmy said...

"Outlaws of Love" is awesome though.

3:33 PM  
Anonymous Northwest Concert and Events Blog said...

I really love the song because I can relate to it. Love it much.

8:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home