Your Ad Here

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Elton John Versus Pnau - Sad


"I used to know this old scarecrow"

I don't generally post radio rips (which this is), but I'm so taken with this project that I can't help but get excited any time something new is released. I'm a big Elton John fan, and a big Pnau fan... so seeing the two combine in a dance/electronic/mash-up project is just really cool. Sad is what I assume will be the next single from the yet-to-be-released album, and it's more laid back and lyrical than their first. While it includes samples from Nice & Slow, Crazy Water, Curtains, Sorry Seems to be the Hardest Word and Friends, it's likely the lyrical chunks of Curtains (some included above) that you'll recognize first. Luckily, Curtains just happens to be one of my favorite Elton album tracks. It's wonderful to hear it reinterpreted as a slightly jazzy, new age electronic piece. It has a very soothing feel to it, which honestly I didn't expect to enjoy as much as I am.



(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists. Preorder the album here. Follow me on twitter and facebook.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home