Your Ad Here

Monday, June 04, 2012

Azealia Banks - 212 (ft. Lazy Jay)


"What are you made of?"

This song is not new, and I'm probably the last blogger on Earth to write about it, but every time I hear it, it makes me inexplicably happy. I'm not a big fan of rap/hip-hop, but this kind of off-kilter experimental stuff (think M.I.A.) definitely appeals to me. Azealia Banks did some work on the new Scissor Sisters album, but it's her own single that's really the best example of her style. 212 is rapid-fire and abrasive. You may hate it the first time (or two) that you hear it, but the hooks quickly become inescapable. This is the kind of music Nicki Minaj should be making--not that autotuned Starships crap. Parts of this literally sound like they came from another planet.



(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists. Buy her EP here. Follow me on twitter and facebook.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home