Your Ad Here

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Jedward - Luminous


"We've got the stars and moon in us"

If you're still viewing Jedward as that joke act on X-Factor, I urge you to reevaluate their music... starting with the new album. Though their vocals are still pretty average and their attitudes more than a little "novelty-esque," their music has morphed into an excellent brand of teen power pop. I credit the awesome, mostly-Swedish songwriting and production teams behind the new album. The tracks are uniformly entertaining--a sort of mish-mash of current trends delivered with a pop precision that keeps things moving. Luminous is kind of a Firework/We Found Love mash-up and the guys sound surprisingly good on it. Of course, like most of the album, it's all about the shiny production. If you like this track, even a little, you should definitely give the album a try. I can't say it enough: you'll be surprised at how credible it is.

Luminous by Jedward on Grooveshark

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists. Buy the album here. Follow me on twitter and facebook.

Labels:

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just shared this song on Facebook like a few hours ago! It is one of my favourite tracks from the new album. It's a blend of classic pop music and modern fun.

7:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jedward, not my thing atall, but this is my fav song at the moment.

7:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hope it does well in the charts

7:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love Jedward! They are amazing singers and perfomers and it's about time that everyone noticed how much they've improved and grown up!

8:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad you find Jedward's songs good, because they really are! They deserve more positive recognition. It's a shame that people follow the horrible media like sheep (especially in the UK to be honest) and believe the twins aren't talented. People need to wake up from the X-factor days and listen to this incredible album!

9:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I absolutely love this album, it's so nice to see it getting the credit it deserves. I know a lot of reviewers are being very snooty about Jedward, but they are actually very good performers, I've seen them live and enjoyed the show very much, was suprised they sang live and have very nice voices.
The song Luminous is my absolute favourite, the album deserves to chart well and I recommend anyone to give it a try

10:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love their new album, love their performances, love their crazy minds. I wish they would tour the USA! Dayum.

Alabamajed

12:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh wow, I didn't like Jedward but now that I've downloaded their album from iTunes, I must say - they surprised me!!!!
I'm afraid I'll turn into a fan.. haha

1:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh wow, I didn't like Jedward but now that I've downloaded their album from iTunes, I must say - they surprised me!!!!
I'm afraid I'll turn into a fan.. haha

1:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home