Your Ad Here

Thursday, June 28, 2012

La Puma - Chasing My Lover


"We used to sing together"

Sweden's La Puma have been around for awhile now. In the past, they've released punky indie rock/pop and developed a small following. With this track, though, I feel like they're pushing into the mainstream. Chasing My Lover is an interesting beast. On one hand, it's got a supremely catchy refrain and a great guitar riff. On the other hand, the entire song is really framed around that guitar riff. It doesn't have much in the way of a beat or glossy production. It's pretty raw and skeletal, which makes it an interesting single. I'm definitely a fan, though it's not as good as lead vocalist Helena Gutarra's solo outing, Tongues of Fire. Still, I'm hoping that this means an album is in the works.



(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists. Learn more here. Follow me on twitter and facebook.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home