Your Ad Here

Monday, July 02, 2012

Little Mix - Wings


"Mama told me not to waste your life"

The Powers That Be behind UK X-factor 2011 were pretty smart this time around, releasing the Little Mix single right at the beginning of the Summer. I think the girls needed it, because despite their winning the series, I'm not sure they're the commercial shoe-in that acts like One Direction and Alexandra Burke have been. Girl groups are a harder sell, especially when they're going a bit retro, as Little mix have done. Wings is not the type of style that I prefer in my pop music. It's heavy on the throwback production... coming out very similar to Christina Aguilera's Ain't No Other Man from a few years ago. Still, it's ridiculously commercial and instantly catchy. And as far as this style goes, it's a pretty good representation. I'll be very interested to see how it does on the charts--I'm imagining quite well at the start, but the real test will be the staying power (or lack thereof).



(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists. Preorder the album here. Follow me on twitter and facebook.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home