Your Ad Here

Thursday, July 05, 2012

Muse - Survival


"I'll never lose"

When it comes to Muse, I like a big, dramatic, theatrical track. Hell, when it comes to any artist I like a big, dramatic, theatrical track. But especially Muse. This track, the first from their upcoming album as well as a special recording for the Olympics (see pic above), seems to be getting a lot of flack from critics. You know what, though? I actually really enjoy it. Sure, the melody's not all that memorable, and it's campy as hell, but I like how they don't seem to be taking themselves too seriously here. With Muse's musical output, I'm usually pretty hit and miss. I chalk that up to the fact that a lot of times they just don't sound very fun. Too much self-seriousness makes for music that can be a chore to listen to. With this, it's pretty clear that they're in it for a laugh (especially that insane final note), and I'm right there with them. From the ridiculous operatic background vocals to the constantly escalating rock thunder march, I really hope the new album contains more songs like this.



(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists. Preorder the album here. Follow me on twitter and facebook.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home