Your Ad Here

Friday, August 31, 2012

Flashback Friday: Boney M - Brown Girl In The Ring


"Show me a motion"

I'd always been hesitant to explore Boney M's music, and I think a lot of that has to do with the band name. But there's no denying their big influence in the late 70's around Europe. In some circles, they're as beloved as Abba. So, I've been delving into their back catalog these past few weeks and picking quite a few tracks that I really like. In these late Summer days, a track like Brown Girl In The Ring is just what I'm in the mood for. It's a cover of a traditional children's song from the Caribbean, but as recorded by Boney M, it became an addictive hit pop single. I feel like the song is particularly appropriate because today was the last day of the kid's summer camp that I lead every year. There's nothing better than spending your summer connecting to your inner child, though to be honest, my inner child is never very far away!



(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists. Buy their greatest hits here. Follow me on twitter and facebook.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous ArkArmy said...

I love Boney M. Favorite X-Mas song: Mary's Boy Child (Oh my Lord - favorite part). Too bad Bobby passed away at the age of 61 almost 2 years ago. :-(

2:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home