Your Ad Here

Friday, August 17, 2012

Flashback Friday: Chess - Never Change A Winning Team


"The odds aren't always what they seem"

I've been pondering the awesomeness of Abba lately (something I often do). Particularly, I've been reintroducing myself to their last album, The Visitors, which I consider to be a pop masterpiece. But even after Abba broke up, their style of music--namely, the Bjorn/Benny songwriting--continued in Scandinavia. One of Benny and Bjorn's most prominent projects was the musical Chess. This song isn't from that play (as far as I know), but it is from a Dutch group named Chess and (I believe) written and produced by Bjorn and Benny. Please let me know if I'm wrong. Even if I am, you can imagine why I'd draw that conclusion. It sounds exactly like how I'd imagine a late-80's Abba track would sound. Unfortunately, when it came to an album, all these girls released was a bunch of Broadway covers. This is somewhat of a red herring in their short discography.



(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists. Buy the Chess musical album here. Follow me on twitter and facebook.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home