Your Ad Here

Monday, August 20, 2012

Muse - Madness


"Now I have finally seen the light"

Sometimes it seems like I'm the only one in the world that adored Muse's Olympics song, Survival. It was deliriously campy and over the top, something that I honestly didn't know the band had in them. For their next single, though, they've taken their sound in a much more subtle direction. Madness finds them embracing a slightly electro, downtempo side. It's a different step for them, and doesn't really come alive until the last minute and a half. I'm not sure if this is something that radio is going to jump on, but it's very pleasing regardless. It's deceptively melodic and the vocals are really perfect. I like that they're experimenting a bit, particularly with production. This, combined with the last single, makes me very eager to hear the album (which has unfortunately been pushed back to October 1st/2nd).



(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists. Preorder the album here. Follow me on twitter and facebook.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're not the only one, bud. Absolutely loved "Survival" and I adore this one too. Loving how Muse's music has evolved over the last 10 years.

12:51 AM  
Anonymous Pranav said...

I thought "Survival" was cool but I am definitely not feeling "Madness". "Madness" is not even remotely radio-friendly. Releasing it as a follow-up single is a risky move for Muse.

4:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home