Your Ad Here

Friday, September 28, 2012

Flashback Friday: The Fixx - Deeper And Deeper


"The more I see, the more I fall"

Most people know The Fixx for their one big hit in the US, One Thing Leads To Another. While that track undeniably earns its "hit" status, it's never been one of my favorite 80's songs. I much prefer this track, which I first discovered as part of the soundtrack to the awesome 80's cult movie, Streets Of Fire. To me, it sounds nothing like One Thing. Instead, it's got a real aggressive, beat-heavy sound. When I heard it the first time, I had no idea who the band was, but I was definitely hooked. The production's just outstanding, complimenting the ultra-catchy guitar-riff infused hook perfectly. Also worth noting: the band has a new album out this year!

Deeper and Deeper by The Fixx on Grooveshark

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists. Buy their greatest hits here. Follow me on twitter and facebook.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home