Your Ad Here

Monday, September 17, 2012

Natalia Kills - Controversy


"Drink the kool-aid, don't drink the kool-aid"

I've been sort of hot and cold when it comes to Natalia Kills. Some of her stuff, I absolutely love, but a lot of her album tracks just didn't hit with me. Plus, like others have noted, her constant desire to be controversial and "arty," can sometimes get in the way of a good tune (sound familiar, Lady Gaga?). So it's going to be a bit strange that I'm now singing the praises of her least melodic, most controversy-baiting single. In fact, the song's even called Controversy (in case we didn't get it). It should be horrible, but I find this utterly engaging. The beat, for starters, is absolutely addictive. I love the industrial production. Then there's Natalia's delivery, which really sells it. There's something very charismatic about her speaking voice. When I first heard the song title, I thought about Prince, which is a comparison that still stands today. This reminds me of something he might have done way back when.



(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists. Buy the previous album here. Follow me on twitter and facebook.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home