Your Ad Here

Thursday, October 18, 2012

Bigbang - Monster


"I love you, baby I'm not a monster"

I told myself that I wouldn't let this blog be overrun by K-pop, but I just have to post this track because it's become an intense obsession for me over the past few weeks. For those who don't know, Bigbang and pretty much the most successful group in South Korea (and, honestly, they're big around the world). Initially, they sounded and were styled like pretty much every other boy band, but with this most recent album they've really evolved artistically and experimented with many different genres. Monster is the single from the reissued version of the album and, beyond its amazingly cinematic video, it's an absolute stunner. It's amazing how you can get the point of a song with only a couple of lyrics in your native language. The music really tells the story here, along with the gorgeous rapped/sung vocals. The chorus is truly one of the best of the year. I wish we had male acts like this in the States--ones who aren't afraid of being highly stylized and totally embracing avant garde fashion. As wonderful as Gangnam Style is, this is the type of K-pop I would love to see cross over internationally.



(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists. Buy the album here. Follow me on twitter and facebook.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home