Your Ad Here

Thursday, October 25, 2012

Icona Pop - We Got The World


"We're just living life and we never stop"

Icona Pop burst on the scene this year with their breakout single I Love It. That's still one of the best tracks of 2012, but it's time to move onto a follow-up. We Got The World is not quite as aggressively performed, but it does borrow the sing/shout style we've grown accustomed to from the girls. This is more of a dance track, and slightly more conventional because of it. Still, it bridges the gap well from the unfiltered statement-of-intent that was I Love It to something more mainstream. But more than that, Icona Pop represents a new hope for me. Sweden used to be my number one go-to country for new, exciting pop music. However, the past couple years very little exported from the country has really caught my imagination. I'm hoping a band like Icona Pop paves the way for more upcoming artists to follow in the big footsteps of folks like Robyn, the Ark and Melody Club (to name only a very few!).



(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists. Buy the EP (which unfortunately doesn't feature this song) here. Follow me on twitter and facebook.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home