Your Ad Here

Friday, November 30, 2012

Flashback Friday: Guys And Dolls - I Got The Fire In Me


"Don't walk away from the light"

Guys And Dolls were a UK disco-pop group popular in the late 70's/early 80's. While a lot of their earlier stuff is a little too discofied for me, once they developed more Abba-esque new wave elements, they became much more interesting. I think the ballad Broken Dreams is their classic track, but it's a little too subdued for a Friday. Instead, I'm going to post the excellent (and total Abba rip-off) I Got The Fire In Me. I love the give and take between the female and male vocals and, of course, that glistening cotton-candy production. I do have one request, though. My kingdom to anyone who has an mp3 of their late-career single Glory To The Beautiful People. I can't seem to find one anywhere, and I really love that track. It sounds so much like Scissor Sisters!



(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists. Buy their greatest hits here. Follow me on twitter and facebook.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger alpio said...

actually, this song is a cover of an Italian song from the 80s "Sarà perché ti amo" from the group Ricchi e Poveri.

6:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home