Your Ad Here

Friday, January 04, 2013

Flashback Friday: PSY - Stay Up Tonight


I'm really interested to see what happens with PSY this year. It's always fascinating to see what an artist does after enjoying such massive worldwide success. My gut tells me that he won't manage another hit in the States, but hopefully he'll still release his Six Rules EP Part II in Korea, as the first one was really good. The best case, I think is that he's got a lot more money and notoriety to fuel future recordings, because one thing that really draws me to his music (well, to his post-2010 music) is the clean, expansive production. The best PSY songs are huge in sound and scope, with a mixture of genres. Stay Up Tonight is from his 5th album and is ridiculously good. This track is all about the recurring chants that make up the hook. It's almost reminiscent of Michael Jackson's Wanna Be Starting Something in that regard. To my ears, it's a bit of an African influence... and those who have followed the blog know that I go absolutely crazy for that. This is ridiculously good stuff.



(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists. Buy the album (& check out tracks 2, 3, 5 & 6!) here. Follow me on twitter and facebook.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home