Your Ad Here

Thursday, January 10, 2013

Oscar Nominations And Countdown To My Own Top Films of 2012

So, we now have the nine films nominated for Oscar's Best Picture. This is always an exciting time for me, as I follow the whole awards season like many follow their favorite sports team. My favorite nominated movie hardly ever wins, but I still love to see what happens. And this year's been a particular... interesting group of nominees. Not so much in the Best Picture race, but some of the other categories are a bit of a mess. Here's this year's list:

Amour
Argo
Beasts Of The Southern Wild
Django Unchained
Les Miserables 
Life Of Pi
Lincoln
Silver Linings Playbook
Zero Dark Thirty

Now, I've been working on my own Top Films of 2012 list for the last couple weeks and plan on posting it on Monday. As usual, I'm really passionate about the year's movies and love being able to reflect on which ones affected me the most.

Looking at the list above, I can say that--as it stands now--two of the nominated films are in my personal top ten, and three more are within the top twenty. However, there are also three I haven't seen yet. So that might change by Monday. Beasts Of The Southern Wild is the only one I actively dislike so far, so I suppose that's not too bad a ratio.

But what I really want to know, as a prelude to Monday's list, are your favorite films of the year. Leave your top three in the comments!! I'm very curious :)

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home