Your Ad Here

Thursday, February 28, 2013

Bastille - Pompeii


"The walls come tumbling down"

I'm a sucker for choral elements in a pop song. Throw in a men's/women's/children's choir and I'm sold. And you better believe that's the first thing I heard in this Bastille track that's currently conquering the UK. I'm not sure if he's the type of artist I'd normally care about, or whether I'd enjoy any of his other tracks, but this is really something special. Those male choral vocals that form the backbone of the song's production add a massive, stately sound to what would normally be a forgettable indie-pop release. I swear, every track should have them!



(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists. Preorder the album here. Follow me on twitter and facebook.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home