Your Ad Here

Thursday, March 07, 2013

Fall Out Boy - My Songs Know What You Did In The Dark (Light 'Em Up)


"I'm just dreaming of tearing you apart"

Oh, how I used to despise Fall Out Boy. The whiny emo-ness of their music was everywhere on American radio for a couple of years. So it's with a hell of a lot of surprise that I write about their comeback single today. The music video for My Songs Know What You Did In The Dark (Light 'Em Up) literally depicts the band's previous albums being burnt in a fire. It's time for a rebirth, and that includes a reinvention of sound. Lead singer Patrick Stump showed what an amazingly soulful and powerful vocalist he is with his solo album, and now he's using that same inflection and style in this track. Ridiculously long title aside, this is not the Fall Out Boy of old. It's funky, industrial and impossibly catchy. If the album turns out to be anything like this, then I might just have to take back all of my former opinions and become an actual fan.



(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists. Buy the single here. Follow me on twitter and facebook.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home