Melodifestivalen 2013: Andra Chansen Preview
A reminder of the acts competing tomorrow:
1. Cookies 'n' Beans - Burning Flags
2. Eric Gadd - Vi kommer aldrig att förlora
3. Anton Ewald - Beggin
4. Erik Segerstedt & Tone Damli - Hello Goodbye
5. Caroline af Ugglas - Hon har inte
6. Martin Rolinski - In And Out Of Love
7. Robin Stjernberg - You
8. Behrang Miri - Jalla Dansa Sawa
That's the order they made it through, though it seems that Robin will be opening the show while Martin closes.
If I were to place the tracks in order of favorite to least favorite, my list would look something like this:
1. Anton/Martin (too close for me to say, really)
6. Erik/Tone and CnB (both of which I simply don't like)
Now, let's take a look at the current itunes chart standings (as of Friday night Pacific Time), which can often be a good indicator of who's popular at the moment. Some have two entries on the chart--the single version and the compilation album version:
From these, it seems that Robin and Behrang have it in the bag. But don't forget, Anton's track was in the number one position for almost 24 hours after the songs went up. No other andra chansen entry has done that this year. Plus, I'd never discount the "older" vote, which might favor an act like Caroline or Eric, despite their low itunes showings.
Still, I think it's safe to say this will probably end up as a three-horse race between Robin, Behrang and Anton, with Martin offering a possible upset (particularly if he's performing last). And honestly, those are the four best songs this week, so it's as it should be.
Now if Ulrik can just win the whole damn thing, I'll be happy.