Your Ad Here

Friday, March 08, 2013

Melodifestivalen 2013: Final Predictions

After tomorrow, Melodifestivalen will be over for another year. Although I complained a lot about the quality of entries during the first few heats, it's actually not such a bad final line-up this year. There's only one song I can't stand, and four or five that I like quite a bit. Unfortunately, my dream finishing order is not likely to be what actually happens tomorrow (though there's always a chance... especially with the international juries in play).
Everyone's saying it's Yohio's to lose, and I agree. But wouldn't it be fun if there was an upset? I'm not saying Yohio would be a terrible winner. I just think there are more interesting songs to choose from. It says something about Sweden that a skinny, effeminate, make-up wearing teen is the consensus choice. I can't hardly be mad at that, even though he's not my favorite act this year. Here's what I would like to see happen and what I think will happen tomorrow:

What Should Happen:

1. Ulrik Munther - Tell The World I'm Here (far and away my favorite entry in the final, and my favorite entry overall)
2. Anton Ewald - Beggin (unlike many others apparently, I actually love the song. Plus, it's the only act with decent dancing)
3. Yohio - Heartbreak Hotel (see? I don't hate it. I could be happy if it won. It's just not my favorite)
4. Robin Stjernberg - You (it's growing on me. I like the song, but I find his performance a little needy)
5. Ralf Gyllenhammer - Bed On Fire (I like the song, but I'm not too impressed with him)
6. Louise Hoffsten - Only The Dead Fish Follow The Stream (it's alright)
7. David Lindgren - Skyline (the song's okay, but I find him really obnoxious)
8. Ravaillacz - En Riktig Jävla Schlager (it's fun on its own terms, but just shouldn't have been in the final)
9. State Of Drama - Falling (snorefest. Feels like a non-entity)
10. Sean Banan - Copacabanana (horrific, unbearable, hideous, etc.)

What I Think Will Happen:

1. Yohio - Heartbreak Hotel (should receive widespread support in the public vote, and top three in juries)
2. Ralf Gyllenhammer - Bed On Fire (may become the Caroline Af Ugglas of this year. In other words, he'll get the older viewers' vote)
3. Ulrik Munther - Tell The World I'm Here (in a contest full of male teens, I'd count on his fan base to turn out the strongest)
4. Anton Ewald - Beggin (will get a nice public vote, but juries might not be as enthusiastic. The crying last week certainly won't hurt)
5. Robin Stjernberg - You (I can see him being a hit with the juries)
6. Sean Banan - Copacabanana (will get a ton of public votes, but I can't see the juries getting his shtick -- at least I hope not)
7. Louise Hoffsten - Only The Dead Fish Follow The Stream (will benefit from being the only female, and could go higher. I could also see this getting lost in the shuffle, though)
8. State Of Drama - Falling (may pick up some of the "rock" vote)
9. David Lindgren - Skyline (will suffer the most from the glut of male performers in the final)
10. Ravaillacz - En Riktig Jävla Schlager (I just don't see much more than a pity vote for these guys)

So how do you guys think I did? I guess we'll see tomorrow. What are your top ten? As always, I'll be live blogging on Saturday! No matter what happens, it should be a good show.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home